January 8th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

January 8th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

2018 is here and Happy New Year everybody. I looked back at my first post in 2017 and it is hard to believe it has been a year since Dennis DeVault passed. I know he is surely missed and certainly tough for the family around the new year..

Good morning and I hope you are warm and comfortable after all this cold weather. With that bomb cyclone that hit the East Coast it snowed on the right side of Guilford County and we didn’t get thing. Some shoots were cancelled due to the brutal conditions and hopefully they can be rescheduled.

Here is the link to the shoot calendar and only one shoot on the calendar for this week. http://nctrap.com/shoots2017.pdf This is typical of course during the winter months of folks longing to get out and shoot. Normally the Dixie would be held in January at the Silver Dollar in Odessa Florida. With the shoot moving to NC in October the Dollar has a new “Money Shoot” to fill that Dixie Grand void. Not sure of the dates but I am sure the info is on shootata.com.

I had a lot of fun shooting in Florida with JC and the Galloways and you just never knew what kind of weather you would encounter in January. I was down there one year when Elmo Matkins and Joe Nimer were there and that was a hoot. Those two were a pair and Joe always kept something stirred up.

I posted the basic info regarding the death of Jimmy Ljutic on the 2nd of January. He was only 60 years old and no real details of how he passed. I read info on trapshooters.com and I can’t really trust that as a reliable source. Did a Google search for a picture of him and found a ton of pix of his mom and dad Al and Nadine. I believe they have been in business since 1959 and I remember them shooting at Pinehurst in the mid to late 60’s. I remember seeing one of the Space Guns being shot at Pinehurst by a local doctor that probably only weighed 145 pounds. The dad and both sons are gone now so please pray for the family at this time.

I spoke with Lewis Wyatt Saturday and he is doing well and has another round of treatment this Tuesday. He is very weak and tired from all of these treatments and hopefully the scan they do will show that he is home free. Please pray for Lewis, Jan Schultz, JT Brewer and Jimmy Wilson……
Flu and the respiratory/pneumonia bugs are flying around so please get to the doctor early. Some folks try to ride it out but these bugs are sending some folks on to meet the Lord.

Have a great week everybody and hello to Lou, Hap, Scott and Cousin Ronnie and until next week…………………………Smokem