July 17th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

July 17th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Hello to all and good morning to you. Southern Zone is over and I tried to access the site but it was down when I tried to check it. All I had access to was the documents for the three sites. I would imagine the Zone report will be available very soon.

5 shoots this week with the LCP BIG50 the 19th and LCP & Watauga the 22nd. Charlie Brown and the Buccaneer BIG 50 will be held on the 23rd. Some shoot reports will be posted so please check for more details. Link to NC Shoot Dates - http://nctrap.com/shoots2017.pdf

LCP shooter David Barron has been very sick and was admitted into the hospital with a recently diagnosed blood infection. That is about all I know from Facebook and hopefully he is on the mend. Bob Schultz reports that is wife was in Church Sunday morning playing music in the song service and he is giving God the praise. Please continue to pray for David and Jan for their continued healing.

Noah Gouge’s Grand Slam Squad – Note: Frank Ketron was on my squad when I broke my first 100 in singles……

I got bits and pieces of info from the Zone but the main word was that it was a tad bit warm. The first bit of info I got was that Noah Gouge completed his “Grand Slam” with a 100 straight in handicap on Thursday. I believe he is the first North Carolinian to achieve that accomplishment. Brandon Matthews broke his first 200 straight Saturday and took JrGold outright. Sunday Noah broke a 98 in doubles with Kay Ohye breaking a 99 in Bostic. Greg High broke a 98 in the caps Sunday with Noah Gouge and Bill Howe breaking 97’s.

I know there a lot more winners and scores broken but without the shoot info Zone Wide it is tough to report all the info. I would imagine that will all be available very soon. Link to Southern Zone Info - http://shootatazone.com/southern/menu.cfm

I looked at trapshooters.com and Kevin Parrott has posted some interesting info on as to how the Southern Zone winners are determined. I will not enter the fray so go take a look at it yourself to form your own opinion. Link to the thread - http://www.trapshooters.com/threads/sou ... st-5152729

Bob Schultz is blitzing the airwaves with info and we appreciate his efforts via email and Facebook. Hopefully I will get his permission to use some of his info with his blessings of course. I would imagine he is preparing his first offering to be published in Trap & Field or maybe this is his second article.

Wow – it looks like all my picture links to photobucket are broken. I read about the problem but at the time all of the picture links were still linked. I have hundreds of broken picture links and not sure if they will be restored automatically. Please bear with me………..

That is about it and I hope everyone has a great week. Hello to Lou, Hap, Scott and Cousin Ronnie and until next week………………Smokem