October 6th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

October 6th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Hello to all and a very good morning to you. There were two shoots over the weekend and the Coharie shoot has been cancelled for this Saturday. Saturday was windy and Sunday was clear and cool and maybe a glimpse at weather to come.

Kirk House posted on Facebook that his sister Elizabeth passed away while visiting NC from her home in Hawaii. She worked for the News & Record here in Greensboro before making the move to Hawaii. I posted her obituary in the "finished careers" section of the site. She was the daughter of Doug House former ATA president and also a 1990 inductee into the NC Hall Of Fame.

JC Nunn will be visiting the doctor in the morning to look at his options for his condition. I hate to say it but JC has been diagnosed with liver cancer and was told by his son Ricky on Saturday. I visited with JC Friday and gave him the card that everybody signed at the Hall Of Fame shoot. I read each and everyone of the messages that were written on the card and he appreciated the thought. Lane Murray visited JC on Sunday afternoon and spent about 30 minutes with him. Lane said he was in good spirits considering his weakened condition. Please pray for him and his family at this time and hopefully he can beat cancer the second time around.

The Rock shot Saturday and the weather was nice and windy. Jeff Galloway won the singles, handicap, doubles and the HOA amongst the crowd that attended. Levi Bolan rode down from VA to shoot with us and he was one of only two folks to break a 25 in the singles. Rockingham shoots next on the 19th offering a non-registered Lewis Class shoot. Come out and join us if you can.

Coharie does not shoot this Saturday and their shoot has been moved to November 8th........

Looking at the October shoot schedule Old Hickory and Gastonia shoot the 18th, Buckhorn has a two day shoot the 18th & 19th and Watauga and Ft. Bragg host their shoots on the 25th.

Jeff Galloway brought one of his co-workers out to the Rock Saturday and she got to shoot a round with Lewis Wyatt's modified Beretta AL-391. She did quite well and I posted pictures and video of her outing. Look for NC CLUB NEWS then Hannah Bell at the Rock.

Have a great week and hello to Scott up North and Lou down South and until next week..........................................Smokem