July 19th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

July 19th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Greetings and what a crazy weather weekend around here and across the state. The Southern Zone just wrapped up and from what I have read some great scores were broken Zone wide. A couple of shoots coming up this Saturday at Watauga and Rockingham County.

Zeke Yeager from Mississippi is the Southern Zone Singles Champ with a 199 and 250 in the shootoff and he shot in Bostic. Dan Ryan from KY and Sub-Jr Jack Williams knotted up with 99’s in the Championship doubles and Dan broke one more bird to win the title. Lady I SC shooter Jaycee Beckham dropped by Berea on her way back from the SCTP National Championships and broke a 99 in the main handicap. Robert Dyer forfeited to take SrVet leaving the future Montreat College student wit the win. She was also the SC State Handicap Champion in the May 2020 competition. Bobby Fowler took HAA with a 393 and SrVet Robert Dyer took the HOA with a 981. That was some great shooting for sure. Not quite sure what the attendance was compared to 2020 or even 2019 but I know it was great for the folks that got out to compete. Here is the link to the website if you want to do a little more digging. Go to http://www.shootscoreboard.com

Two shoots this weekend with Watauga and Rockingham hosting typical 300 target programs. WGC will be 10 degrees cooler than Rockingham and probably less steamy. Watauga throws some great targets and always has a great lunch.

The SCTP Nationals are over and were held at the Cardinal Center in Marengo Ohio. From what I understand they hosted over 3000 youth shooters over a period of about 7 days. RCGC’s Carolina Clays Team did great, and I believe their rookie team came in third in Sporting Clays. Sam McInteer and Gage Malone were voted into the All-State Champions and Sam took third place in the trap handicap. Congrats to all the participants and some great memories for sure….

Shells – Blue Collar Reloading Supplies is carrying Challenger and Clever shotgun shells. Most are 7/8- and 1-ounce loads and Van Fleming recently picked up 37 flats for folks at the gun club. One fellow purchased 20 flats considering he had issues finding shells before. They are in Salisbury NC and phone is 704-696-2756.

Ok that is about it for this week, and I hope everyone has a great week. Hello to Lou, Scott, Ronnie, Cowboy, Tim, Thea and Anne and until next week………..smokem