Buckhorn Jan 1, 2020

Post shoot results!
straightaway

Buckhorn Jan 1, 2020

Post by straightaway »

What better way can there be to start a new year than by shooting. In our case, registered targets at Buckhorn Gun Club in Mebane, NC. Too bad the 60* weather didn't stick around for one more day, what we did have was tolerable. The day started out with frost on the windshield at home, but was upper 30s at the club when we rolled in just before 9:00.

The parking lot was full with a few more participants than were expected. That my friends is a good thing.......

Shooting start was delayed a bit to allow the shadows to clear field 1. This time of the year it can and does make a difference over there and it is all in the name of fairness. When we did get it going, we had the wind and more than a little now you see it now you don't intermittent cloud cover. That resulted in what was described as a "variety of target presentations" that even varied from trap to trap.

The Faithful again made it look easy from start to finish. All details were covered from classification/squadding through clean up and shutting everything down at the end of the day. Lunch consisted of cold cut sammiches, baked beans, a layout of goodies for desserts including Karole's multi chocolate stuff that puts pounds on you just from looking at it.

We had 22 shoot the singles and caps and 14 had at the doubles. Considering the conditions, good scores were shot in all events with 98 taking the singles, 95 winning caps and a 90 on top for doubles.

Singles
Champ- Ed Rabenda 98
AA- Dan Johnson 95
A- Charlie Brown 93
B- Douglas Monjeau 96
C- Cameron Lee 67
D- Andrew Szwarckop 74
Lady I- Karole Miller 92
Lady II- Donna Cornett 80
Sr Vet- Greg High 93
Vet- Ron Costanzo 85
Sub Vet- Eric Sherer 93
Jr Gold- Trevor Fleck 84
Junior- Caleb Mathis 88
Sub Jr- Dallie Lakey 78

Caps
Champ- Taylor Horner 95 (+.5 yd to the 19.5)
Short- Douglas Monjeau 90
Mid- Glenn Alford 82
Inter- Charlie Brown 81
Long- Dan Johnson 86
Lady I- Karole Miller 76
Lady II- Donna Cornett 74
Sr Vet- Richard Drake 84
Vet- Curtis Odem 72
Sub Vet- Eric Sherer 80
Jr Gold- Trevor Fleck 75
Junior- Ean Wagoner 84
Sub Jr- Dallie Lakey 79

Doubles
Champ- Dan Johnson 90
A- Charlie Brown 88
B- Joe Nalley 66
C- Caleb Mathis 84
D- Ed Rabenda 54
Lady I- Karole Miller 81
Lady II- Donna Cornett 60
Sr Vet- Richard Drake 81
Vet- Curtis Odem 67
Jr Gold- Trevor Fleck 82
Junior- Josh Brafford 87
Sub Jr- Dallie Lakey 60

HOA- Dan Johnson

Plans are being made with discussion(s) about who is going to Florida in the next couple of months. Details to be ironed out for the scheduled events at the Homegrounds and who is gonna shoot what and where at the local shoots.

Shoot well, shoot often, travel Safe and we'll see you next time wherever it is! Dan