BGC 10/20/2019

Post shoot results!
straightaway

BGC 10/20/2019

Post by straightaway »

Windy, chilly, drizzly. That's what we got to play in today. We had 12 shooters for singles, 14 for handicap and 7 of us had at the twins. The prevailing wind was in from behind us for the most part, flattening out the targets then there were those that for no apparent reason tried to climb over the trees. Stayed that way pretty much through all 3 events.

We had a couple of shooters have their initial BGC experience.

Junior shooter Blake Kaebisch has moved into NC from Wisconsin I believe. He shot well and will be a factor to be reckoned with.

New shooter Sub Vet Douglas Monjeau has started his trapshooting life. Inside of a couple hundred targets he's on the 20.5 and would have earned another half yard if one more shooter had signed up OR if he had broken one more target........welcome to the fun!

We had both ends of the category spectrum tied for high in singles. Junior Taylor Horner and Sr. Vet Joe Nalley tied with 96s. Now, anyone that has read any of my rambling knows what I think about flipping. Well, that's what they decided to do. They could have carried it over to caps or doubles. Could have arm wrestled ran a foot race or see who could spit the farthest but nooooo, they had to flip. Here's the rub, Joe not only beat up on a kid, he beat up on a girl kid............I'm here to tell you, even though you won the flip, around this crowd you get a whoopin.........

Mr. Monjeau broke a 95 to take the caps. Tough score in tough conditions.

Let's see what else happened

Singles
Champ - Joe Nalley 96 (flip over Taylor Horner)
AA - Dan Johnson 94
B - Blake Kaebisch 93
D - Megan Smith 86
Lady - Karole Miller 86
Sub Vet - Walter Mabe 95
Jr - Taylor Horner 96
Sub Junior - Dallie Lakey 89

Caps
Champ - Doug Monjeau 95
Short - Blake Kaebisch 92
Mid - Ean Wagoner 84
Long - Dan Johnson 89
Lady - Karole Miller 81
Sr Vet - Joe Nalley 86
Sub Vet - Walter Mabe 85
Jr - Taylor Horner 85
Sub Jr - Dallie Lakey 76

Doubles
Champ - Dan Johnson 88
D - Eric Allshouse 61
Lady - Karole Miller 75
Sr Vet - Joe Nalley 85
Sub Vet - Walter Mabe 83
Jr - Blake Kaebisch 74
Sub Jr - Luke Cox 53

HOA - Dan Johnson

Chilli and Broccoli soup were the main courses today and with the weather, they were just right. The cornbread and other fixin's just added to the goodness. As usual the deserts were outstandingly delicious.

Again, all the chores were completed seamlessly. Every detail was attended to and from start to finish, not one hitch in the git-along.

Shoot well, shoot often, travel Safe and we'll see you next time wherever it is! Dan