Buckhorn Birthday Bash 2/17/2019

Post shoot results!
straightaway

Buckhorn Birthday Bash 2/17/2019

Post by straightaway »

Well now, a couple of us are a little older (I won't see anything in the 50s again) and a couple others will be in a matter of just a few days. Everyone needs to call, text or email the Curmudgeon and wish him Happy Birthday "sometime" this month. Also, when you get a chance give Morris a Big Ol' HBD shout out.

Several shooters showed up at BGC today to brave the chilly temps and rainy conditions. Dunno about the rest of you but all this wet is just too much over the top. I still derive a good amount pleasure sitting in the scorer's chair watching while some have personal bests and others experience the agony of what these conditions can do to you and your score.

Speaking of personal bests, "Super Cooper" Pennington had his 1st 50 straight today. Atta Boy! I happened to be on the stand when he completed that feat and he was certainly proud of that accomplishment. The way he was hitting them it won't be long before he strings together some big numbers.

Kupcake is having a new set of o/u barrels fit to her Beretta sooooo she was shooting her old standby/backup brownings today and managed quite nicely with them. I did ask John if he was gonna play today. He declined saying that his shooter is at CG for a pit stop. He was offered an array of options to choose from but failed to rise to the bait.............

Let's look at what happened today with 13 shooting singles, 11 for caps and 10 had at the doubles. At the end of the mess Greg High and Will Price were tied for HAA. Can you believe they flipped to settle it?????!!! I have never, NEVER seen a target broken by flipping at it. Should have just passed it on to whoever was next in line. Sheesh............

Singles
Champ - Bill Howe 98
B - Will Price 98 (should have heard him squeal when I tried to put him in A class, guess what happens next time)
C - Joe Nalley 91
Lady - Karole Miller 87
Sr Vet - Gerg High 94
Jr - Cooper Pennington 89
S Jr - Gray Loy 92

Caps
Champ - Randy Jones 90 (he was seen counting shooters prior to finishing.......)
Short - Joe Nalley 84
Long - Bill Howe 78
Lady - Karole Miller 87
Sr Vet - Greg High 75 (says he only shot 3 fields!)
Jr - Cooper Pennington 76

Twins
Champ - Greg High 91
B - Randy Jones 80
C - Joe Nalley 83
D - Bill Howe 77
Lady - Karole Miller
Jr - Cooper Pennington 85
S Jr - Gray Loy

HOA - Will Price
That is that. Regardless of conditions and outcome, a day spent at the gun club is hard to beat. There is a strong contingent of the faithful at BGC that make even the rough days like today go as smoothly as it possibly can.

Ms. Jeri and Kupcake made sure we were well fed with tacos and chili and chicken and a pile of other goodies. That hit the spot just right after coming in from outside.

The shoot calendar looks like it's filling out quite nicely with things picking up and getting busier real soon.

Travel Safe. Shoot well and we'll see you next time wherever it is. Dan