Buckhorn Jan 20, 2019

Post shoot results!
straightaway

Buckhorn Jan 20, 2019

Post by straightaway »

Entertaining. Yep that's the word for what went on today. Entertaining...........

Pulled into the parking lot a little after 8:00 this morning. It was 57* at the house when I left and 51 hen I got there. The temp continued to drop from there. Then the wind kicked up, blowing steady in the teens with gusts well into the 20s and maybe 30s at times. Now, with that kind of breeze targets were dancing pretty good for singles and caps. Then, they were down right hilarious for doubles. The best seat in the house for the show was the view from the scorer's chair.

What was surprising was the number of hardy souls that decided to have at it. There were 20 for singles, 12 for caps and 14 for doubles. The conditions didn't slow Will Price down any until he got to the twins, taking champ in both singles and handicap. Richard Drake managed to outlast the field for the twins title. I was informed that I laughed more than the Curmudgeon at the antics of some of the participants as they plied there "skills" at more than a few of the wild presentations. I'm tellin ya, it was great fun to watch.

Lunch was excellent with chili, bean soup and sausage soup to choose from. It all warmed you up after playing outside for any length of time. Not sure who made the cornbread, but it was delicious enough to make a meal of all by itself!

Singles
Champ - Will Price 95
A - Steve Wilkinson 92
B - Ron Costanzo 84
C - Randy Jones 86
D - Curtis Odem 79
Lady - Karole Miller 85
Sr Vet - Richard Drake 84
Su Vet - Eric Sherer - 82
Jr - Ben Snell 92
S Jr - Jack Rogers 75

Caps
Champ - Will Price 91
Short - Ray Yazdi 86
Mid - Walter Mabe
Long - Bill Howe
Lady - Karole Miller
Sr Vet - Richard Drake
Vet - Curtis Odem
Jr - Cooper and Colton tie

Twins
Champ - Richard Drake 79
B - Walter Mabe
C - Randy Jones
D - Cooper Pennington
Lady - Karole Miller
Sr Vet - Joe Nalley
Su Vet - Eric Sherer
Jr - Taylor Horner

Will Price was HOA champ - he gave it his best shot at taking all 3 events, came up just short.

As seen, several scores have been omitted. Let's just say the wind beat the s_ _ t (snot) out of everybody.