Buckhorn 12/2/2018

Post shoot results!
straightaway

Buckhorn 12/2/2018

Post by straightaway »

Good crowd at BGC to play in the fog and damp conditions. Several youth shooters on hand along with some of the regular old farts. It appeared that everyone was having a good time as is always the case when the faithful gather.

The first flight out in singles had an "interesting" time of it as the fog was continuous and at times would roll in a heavier wave to challenge target visibility. The second wave had it a little better and of course that's where Greg High decided to shoot - and the targets were really, really easy at that time..........

Will Price made his way down from the mountains and proved that steady gets it done as he took the HOA. Best part of it is he did 2 of the 3 events with a gun he borrowed from Richard Drake when his own quit on him partway through the caps. He one birded ol' Gerg and what a pile of whining THAT set up.

Now, we did have an educational moment when some of us were discussing how to wash a cat. Conversation started when Marty was talking about giving Sam a bath (you know - Marty's species/gender challenged pet). I'm all for using a washing machine, others think a regular sink and some suds is the ticket. I believe now the best method suggested is to put 'em in the toilet, throw in some shampoo and flush it three or four times. Good luck catching it to dry it off when you lift the lid..........we'll try this out the next time we can get ahold of Sam and let y'all know how it works.

Oh ya, this is a shoot report isn't it!

Singles - 27 shooters
Champ - Greg High 99
A - Caleb Mathis 91
B - Will Price 97
C - Ron Costanzo 94 (chose class over Sr Vet)
D - Mark Rogers 89
Lady - Taylor Horner 91
Sr Vet - Richard Drake 94
Sub Vet - Bob Mizner 71
Jr - Cooper Pennington 97
Sub Jr - Alex Zeng 93
Jr Gold - Trevor Fleck 93

Caps - 20 shooters
Champ - Ron Costanzo 93 (+.5 yd)
Short - Will Price 90
Mid - Glenn Alford 83
Lady - Karole Miller 84
Sr Vet - Greg High 85
Sub Vet - Bob Mizner 68
Jr - Taylor Horner 91
Sub Jr - Mason Jordan 77
Jr Gold - Trevor Fleck 84

Doubles - 17 shooters
Champ - Greg High 92
B - Zack Reaves 82
C - Will Price 90
D - Justin Lynn 67
Lady - Taylor Horner 76
Sr Vet - Richard Drake 84
Sub Vet - Bob Mizner 73
Jr - Cooper Pennington 88
Sub Jr - Dallie Lakey 64
Jr Gold - Trevor Fleck 87

And that is that. As always, Granny Jeri and Kupcake Karole put on a feast that if you leave hungry it's your own blessed fault. The faithful manned the trenches and all support duties were handled seamlessly.

Pleas keep in mind the true meaning of the Holiday Season as Christmas descends upon us.

May God Bless each and every one of you. I know it's not politically correct anymore, but it's my belief that faith is a cornerstone of what makes this the greatest place on Earth to be.

Travel Safe and we'll see you next time wherever it is. Dan