Buckhorn 4/15/2018

Post shoot results!
straightaway

Buckhorn 4/15/2018

Post by straightaway »

"Warm, humid, windy were the conditions at BGC today. Some handled it ok, some not so ok and one did very well, we'll get to him in a bit. There was a good crowd today, it appears that people are getting ready for the HOF in a couple weeks and the State shoot season is upon us as well with Ga and SC right around the corner.

There was a pile of young 'uns on hand and they all were ready to go! It's too bad the media doesn't see fit to get the perspective of these young shooters. I imagine they would refuse to believe that these kids can actually be having fun in a wholesome, healthy, controlled environment with a GUN. It would also be my guess that a lot that comes from the proper ""fetchin' up"" these kids get from their parents.

President Hill brought his new kitty kat out to romp in the grass, play fetch and sharpen it's teeth on some of our fingers........he says it's dog, but, well, I've had dogs all my life and I don't remember any of them going meow when you squeezed them, just sayin.

30 shooters took on the inconsistent conditions for singles, 19 for handicap and a dozen for doubles. Good scores won all events with Winky Mabe playing brute and taking Champ in two of the three events and only one target off the top for the other.......pretty tough for a day like today.

The Faithful were out in force taking care of the loading, scoring, sign up, classification, cashiering, cooking, clean up and the dozens of other tasks that are sooooo important to running a shoot as smooth and efficiently as is done at BGC. Jeri, Karole and Mary made sure everyone was well fed with a spaghetti lunch with all the goodies that go along with, including Karole's specialties - cupcakes

Oh ya, the report.....

Singles
Champ - Winkie Mabe 99
AA - Tiffany Decker 93
A - Steve Wilkinson 97
B - Ed Rabenda 94
C - Glenn Alford 92
D - Maimilian Hammond 85
Sr Vet - George Ponton 95
Vet - Joe Nalley 89
Sub Vet - Al Bost 92
Lady - Karole Miller 94
Jr - Ean Wagoner 84
Sub Jr - Taylor Horner 90

Handicap
Champ - Charles Pennington 93 (+ .5 yd)
Short - Wanker Mabe 21
Inter - Tim Crabtree 83
Long - Tiffany Decker 75
Sr Vet - Bill Dudley 79
Vet - Ed Rabenda 88
Sub Vet - Jeff Abarbanell 87
Lady - Karole Miller 85
Jr - Ean Wagoner 66
Sub Jr - Colton Frietas 86

Doubles
Champ - Walter Mabe 92
C - Ray Yazdi 79
D - Charles Pennington 79
Sr Vet - Richard Drake 80
Vet - Ed Rabenda 51
Sub Vet - Jeff Abarbanell 70
Lady - Karole Miller 87
Sub Jr - Taylor Horner 80

HOA - Walter Wanker Winkie Mabe (good shooting!)

That's it for this episode. Keep those that are in harms way in your prayers.

Travel Safe and see you next time wherever it is. Dan

"