Watauga Wing Fling Results & Picture Slideshow

Post shoot results!
smokem

Watauga Wing Fling Results & Picture Slideshow

Post by smokem »

Ray's Weather Forecast predicted 4 golf balls for todays conditions and folks you missed it! We rolled onto the property and the grass was covered with a thick coat of frost. We new that once the sun came over the hill the worms would be getting a bath when the frost melted.

The clubhouse was toasty with a good fire going and there was Super George waiting for me in the office. Who knew that my shenanigans via the internet would prove to be our downfall at the end of the day!

I would like to say that the lunch was excellent and the "Chicken Wing Fling" was great again this year. We had wings, deviled eggs, beans, rolls, sweet potato casserole, nana puddin, blueberry good stuff and two kinds of chocolate cakes. Pop and Eli Waters got the wings cooked and there were a bunch left over.

Two traps were used today with the thinner crowd and the traps worked good all day until the Nancy Sinatra doubles (These Traps Are Made For Walking). Now don't get offended I still managed to shoot an ok score for me:-) The refs were good and things ran smooth all day. Hats off to all the WGC staff and Pitts ran off without giving me the shoot reports. Hopefully we will get all the winner info SOON!

I will post the pix that I took of the singles and caps. Pitts didn't post the doubles so I dont have that info! Here is a quick rundown of the winners. Super George Sudderth and Charlie Brown tied with 98's in the singles, Eli Waters broke 50 in the middle and wound up with a 97 and he shoots from the 24 next time out, Super George broke a 97 to win the twins and also won the HOA - Yudaman Super George:-)

Doubles - George won Champ - Charlie Brown took AA - Freddy Redmon took A - Fred Rutherford won B after a flip with Ken Rhyne.

So - we will get the official official info from Tom Pitts and will post it SOON! We hope that the pictures will suffice and we thank you for visiting tarheeltrap.com!

Mash on the link for a picture slideshow of the Wing Fling 2008:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v299/ ... =slideshow

Last edited by smokem on Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
smokem

Official Wing Fling Shoot Report

Post by smokem »

I think Freddie covered most of the tid-bits on the Wing Fling earlier.

So I’m not going to go back over them, and hit on a little more important subject. First of all I want to take this time and say thanks to Freddie Redmon for all his hard work and the time that he puts into our web page. I don’t know of another state that has the type coverage we get here in North Carolina from Freddie and his web page. I know he puts a lot of time and labor into this project and does a great job. I know I get a big kick out of reading and look forward to checking the page the first thing in the morning. So if you see Freddie give him a pat on the back for all the hard work , if by chance you’re the target of his fun then a swift kick in the ???.

But thanks Freddie and great job. Sorry for running off early Saturday. I had friends in for the weekend and had to see they got fed. I was able to grab a wing on my way out, and let me say this “YOU ALL MISSED IT”. John did another great job this year and Carolyn well what can I say. She has worked hard all year seeing that we get a good meal on shoot day.

Then there’s the great people that come out and kicks in and works their butts off seeing that everything goes well. There is a whole lot of work that goes into putting on a little one day shoot. It’s all these people who loves our sport and wants too see everyone have a great time that makes things happen. These people are setting around every club house so the next time you shooting take time to give them a Thank You.

With that here we go:

Watauga Gun Club
November 1, 2008

Winners

Event One Singles
Number of Shooters 17

Champion Charlie Brown 98 Flip over George Sudderth
AA Class George Sudderth 98
A Class John Waters 91
B Class Fred Rutherford 97 Shoot-off Eli Waters
C Class Tom Shelley 96
D Class Steve Lion 89
Vet Ken Rhyne 92
SrVet JC Nunn 89

Event Two Handicap
Number of Shooters 12

Champion Eli Waters 97
Long Yardage George Sudderth 91
Mid Yardage Tom Shelley 88
Short Yardage JC Nunn 90

Event Three Doubles
Number of Shooters 12

Champion George Sudderth 97
AA Class Charlie Brown 93
A Class Fred Redmon 91
B Class Frederick Rutherford 89 Flip over Ken Rhyne
D Class Lewis Wyatt 89

HOA

George Sudderth (Super George) 286X300
Charlie Brown 281X300
Last edited by smokem on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KOLAR

RE: Official Wing Fling Shoot Report

Post by KOLAR »

Holy Smoke Batman.......Rutherford won a FLIP......

Is that 1 out of 20......LOL

Good Job.

Richard Colley
smokem

Thanks Tom

Post by smokem »

Hey Tom Pitts,

Thanks for the kind words but one fellow you left out of the equation. James Wilson hosts the website at his house and has had the "BOX" at his house since 2002.

This is the new website and yes we have a new PC running it! Several clubs pooled their monies and donated to the cause and we appreciate all the kindness and your support.

I am not sure what the total cost of replacement was but what was gathered and what was owed was a bit different. I still need to send Jimmy some $$ myself to put on the tab.

So, if you are feeling a little misty reading this and want to help? Here is the address:

2406 Wilson Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27516

Thanks!