Rockingham Shoot Scores For September 6th, 2014

Post shoot results!
smokem

Rockingham Shoot Scores For September 6th, 2014

Post by smokem »

Dave Smith from Bedford PA on post 2.........

A glorious weather day at the Rock and the scores proved the point. Steve Watson rolled off the mountain and posted some excellent scores in Rockingham County. George Ponton came by for the caps and doubles and it was great to see him on site.

The singles cranked up and Steve ran 50 hard on my field and the way he was shooting I had a feeling he had a 100 in the bag. Lane Murray was second best with a 24 then a 75 and Tommy Brown missed three to scoop up the Lewis money.

Caps cranked up and Steve ran his 1st 25 on my field and stepped to the line for his next round. Sadly it was lost - lost - dead - lost - dead on post 1. He dropped 3 out of five and only missed 4 out of the next 70 targets. That 93 held up until Lane Murray caught fire after the first 50 and won the event with a 95.

Doubles netted two three man squads and after the first squad shot Jeff Galloway and Tommy Brown knotted up with 94's. Then Ponton - David Smith (PA) and Steve Watson hit the line. When the smoke cleared Steve posted the winning 96 which was pretty solid since the wind really kicked up.

It was great to see everybody and sure hate that George Sudderth (said it was too hot :oops: ), Tom Shelley (dating heavy :twisted: ) and Tom Pitts (could not be contacted :?: ) could share in the joy of watching Steve shoot so good!

We also had a visitor from Bedford PA and his name is David Smith. He was in the area and had reached out to Tom Cox to see if we were shooting on the 6th. I believe he had a great time and he shot pretty good also. (apologize for the typo David)

Thanks to all that attended and to all the pitched in to help! I have provided a slideshow from the shoot so please click on the link below!

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/smokem/ ... 206%202014