COHARIE SHOOT AUGUST 9, 2014

Post shoot results!
mac

COHARIE SHOOT AUGUST 9, 2014

Post by mac »

:P

Coharie’s August 9 shoot was cut short by the rain. Singles were shot with cloudy skies but no rain. The rain started during handicap and before Tom Brown started his round. He was so intent on the mid 50 pot that he shot his entire round by himself and in the rain. His aspirations were almost realized as he ran 44 straight but missed the 45th bird. Doubles were cancelled due to the rain.

Singles champ was Tom Brown with a 97. Brian West, A, 94; Jerry Kinlaw, B, 92; Danny Loyd, C, 93; and Al Merlin, D, 86; Dane Westbrook, Junior, 92; Al Mazza, Sr Vet, 85. Al Merlin tied his best ever scores with one 24 and the 86 total. I was scoring for him when he shot the 24 and I had plans to shoot his hat but unfortunately he missed the 16th bird.

Handicap champ was Junior shooter, Dane Westbrook with an impressive 93. He elected to take Junior points allowing Tom Brown to be Champ with a 92.

Tom Brown cinched HOA with a 189 x 200.

We enjoyed the fellowship even though the weather was not great. Ann’s lunch was delicious as usual.

The next shoot at CSL is scheduled for September 6th. The October shoot scheduled for Oct 11th will probably be postponed until November due to my out of town responsibilities on Oct 11th. I will give you ample notice.

Mac Herring