Watauga June 28th Scores

Post shoot results!
Spy100

Watauga June 28th Scores

Post by Spy100 »

Watauga Shoot Report
June 28, 2014
Where to start, let’s see was it the weather, or maybe the great turn out, or maybe it was the shooting.
The weather was great for overcast lens, for the sun was behind the clouds most of the day. But with the threat of rain most of the day we shoot and no one got wet. Even the mountain breezes looked favorable on us with just a slight wind. The temps held in the low to mid 70s most of the day. Making for a great day to be out on the range crushing targets.
Into the face of a four hundred target day the shooter rolled in. Another great turn out of the kids. Let me take this time to say THANKS to all the parents that take the time and bring those young people out to the range. I had a couple of my own and I know the time and cost it takes to get them out. My hat goes off to you and thanks.
Now for the shooting. O Boy!!!! Was there some shooting. Four hundred targets in a day. We use to throw 200 singles and got away from it for some reason. But this spring we spoke and there is no way to have 200 straights if you don’t throw them. And the payout “WOW” we had almost $250.00 dollars in payouts in singles along. Several shooters went home with padded pockets. In singles we had our on local shooter roll in with a 99 on the first hundred and backed it up with his first hundred straight for a total 199 great shooting Mr. Steve Watson. In Handicap we had a couple of short yardage shooters lock horns with a pair of 95’s. David Miller took top honors by topping Mr. Chase Walker by one bird in a shoot-off. Double’s is another one for the books, Steve Watson wasn’t done with the singles. He went to showing off on the doubles by running a 50 on the first field. Then moving over to the next field and made into the fourth post before dropping his first bird. When all said and done he finished with a 98 for top honors.
So you guessed it Mr Steve Watson took HOA by shooting a 391 of 400. Holy Crap that’s good shooting!!!
Now for the rest of us.
Singles:
No Shooters 26
Champion Steve Watson
AA Class Caleb Gilreath
A Class Bill Howe
B Class Will Price
C Class David Miller
D Class Jerry Seaman
Lady Emma Ward
Sub Jr Marshall Roten
Jr Noah Gouge
Sr Vet Harold Soutier

Handicap:
No Shooters 23
Champion David Miller Shoot-Off Chase Walker
Long Yardage Bill Howe
Mid Yardage Steve Watson
Short Yardage Chase Walker
Doubles:
No Shooters 19
Champion Steve Watson
B Class John Waters
C Class David Miller
D Class Will Price
HOA:
Steve Watson 391X400
David Miller 375
Tom Pitts 373
Hey Thanks goes out to all the people that take the time out of their busy lives and comes out and works and helps put on these shoots. The Zone is coming up in a couple of weeks so take the time to go up to all the people that work putting on these events and say THANKS. And Good Luck!!!!