101st Annual North Carolina Trapshoot

Post shoot results!
smokem

101st Annual North Carolina Trapshoot

Post by smokem »

Not a ton of info to report for Wednesday and Thursday so I have my work cutout for me on Friday night. I left Greensboro at 6:30 Thursday night and arrived at the Baymont at 9PM. The first time I stopped was 116 miles at a stoplight in Shelby. From what I am hearing the weather has been and hot and tends to be windy later in the day. I hope to have pictures and pictures of the winner scoreboards Friday night. :mrgreen:

Friday night and what a hot day for shooting. That didn't stop folks from breaking great scores in and out of state. Caroline Paxton broke her first 100 today and I believe she is a junior shooter. Elder Ivey broke the lone 100 in the caps to win out of state and Tim Crabtree won in-state caps champ with a 97 and a 24 in a shootoff. Ted Carwile and TN Jr shooter Garrett Sweeney led all doubles shooters with 98's. More fun in the morning with the Championship Singles....... 8)

Saturday night and what a day of great scores at the NC State Shoot. Jimmy Wilson broke the lone 199 to capture the NC State Singles Championship. Steve Watson took runner-up with his solid 198 and a leather bag to boot. Kenny Inman shot off with Richie Bolin for Open Hi-Gun after they both broke 199's. Kenny won the shootoff after one round and that is some great shooting. I took about 170 pictures today and will get them posted Monday or Tuesday. Only one more day of fun left with about a 40% chance of rain on Sunday.