Fort Bragg Scores for October 19, 2013

Post shoot results!
Rooster

Fort Bragg Scores for October 19, 2013

Post by Rooster »

When I got to the Gun Club this morning the weather changed from a mist to a steady rain a little after 7:00 am. At around 8:00 it was still raining and I was thinking that Greg and I were going to have eat all that homemade ice cream by ourselves. But between 8:30 and 9:00 the shooters started showing up and we ended up with a nice crowd for a rainy start. I think the first squad out might have gotten a little mist on the second 25, but other than that we were rain free the rest of the day. Jon Miller led all single shooters with a 98. Morris Carroll had the only caps score in the 90's with a 92 to win caps. Jim Wilson led all doubles shooters with a solid 96. Jim Wilson also shot at and broke his 75,000th handicap target. We had a new shooter from West Jefferson, NC Jimmy Miller to join the ATA and shoot singles and caps. With three different champs, the race for HOA was very tight with three shooters one bird apart. When the smoke cleared the HOA hadn't won an individual event, but Karole Miller whipped all the guys with a 94-89-93 - 276. Jim Wilson was close behind with 275, followed by Winky Mabe with a 274. Jon Miller was a distant 4th with a 271.
Now for the rest of the story:

Singles ( 13 Shooters )
Champ - Jon Miller - 98
AA - Charlie Brown - 96
A - Jim Meucci s/o Winky Mabe 24/23 - 96
B - Morris Carroll - 89
C - Jerry Kinlaw - 93
D - Bill Banks - 87

Lady - Karole Miller - 94
Vet - Mac Herring - 87
SVet - Glenn Alford - 89

Handicap ( 12 Shooters )
Champ - Morris Carroll - 92
Short - Karole Miller - 89
Mid - Glenn Alford - 89
Int -
Long - Mac Herring - 89
Vet - Jimmy Miller - 62
SVet - Charlie Brown - 84

Doubles ( 7 Shooters )
Champ - Jim Wilson - 96
AA - Charlie Brown - 84
A - Winky Mabe - 94
B - Karole Miller - 93
C -
D - Jim Meucci - 80
Vet - Mac Herring - 90

HOA - Karole Miller - 94 - 89 - 93 - 276

I would like to think Al Mazza, Greg High and "Lisa" Mabe for scoring, so I didn't have to take a chance of getting wet:) I would also like to thank all that attended and Hope you can make it to our "Fried Turkey Shoot" on November 9th.

Take Care and Shoot Well,

Marty Hill