NC HOF Friday/Saturday/Banquet/Sunday Picture Slideshow

Post shoot results!
smokem

NC HOF Friday/Saturday/Banquet/Sunday Picture Slideshow

Post by smokem »

Mash on the link below for Friday:

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/smokem/ ... 2013Friday

Mash on the link below for Saturday:

Had some issues adding captions will try again Sunday......

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/smokem/ ... 20Saturday

HOF Banquet Slideshow:

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/smokem/ ... %20Banquet

Sunday Pictures:

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/smokem/ ... 3%20Sunday

Will caption sometime........
Last edited by smokem on Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
smokem

HOF Info From Front Page

Post by smokem »

23rd Annual North Carolina Hall Of Fame Shoot At The NC Homegounds Sunday

The smoke has cleared and the dust has settled. Great weather again today at the NC Homegrounds. The doubles started right on time and VA shooter Bob Goodman was the top gun with a solid 98.
The handicap cranked up at 11 with five banks in operation. JC told me that if he shot bad he was headed East and he shot good he would be at the tent.

Hunter Galloway and I shot on bank 1 and we were squad 18. At the end of four rounds Hunter had four 24's. We headed to the tent and there JC was grinning like a cat.

Hunter and JC were happy to shoot great and Hunter wound up winning the shootoff 24 to JC's 23. JC only spotted Hunter 21 years and was just as happy to get the RU buckle.

HAA found Bob Goodman and Dan "he's back" Johnson with 385's. Bob took the out-of-state honors and Dan won the in-state HOF HAA....

I have a bunch of pix to post sometime and a smoke report for Monday morning.

Hats off to the HOF-NCTA and all the special people that make the NC Homegrounds a success. We had some first time visitors that travel extensively and they think the HG targets are as good or better than other high profile clubs.

Make plans to attend the NC HOF in 2014 and who will they pick to hang on that HOF wall next year.

23rd Annual North Carolina Hall Of Fame Shoot At The NC Homegounds Saturday

111 entries today in the Championship Singles event today. The day started out a little gloomy with the sun peeking out from time to time. As the day wore on the sun got brighter and the wind got stronger.
South Carolina shooter Gary Olson broke the lone 200 of the day and the next closest score was two 198's by Neil Alexander and John Miller. There were two shootoffs for C and A Class. JC Nunn forfeited to George Kopf and Steve Watson won his shootoff with Bill Howe for A.

The HOF banquet was great and thanks to all that made it such a great event. Jeri Wilson and Bob Keever were inducted into the NCHOF and it was great to see the families present to see them get inducted.

More fun in the morning with the doubles and last but not least the handicap.....hope to see you here.......

I posted the pix for Saturday shooting and will post the banquet pix Sunday night......

23rd Annual North Carolina Hall Of Fame Shoot At The NC Homegounds Friday

Good evening from Forest City and what a great day of shooting in the NC mountains. We arrived today with JC with the doubles already in progress.
Top scores for Thursday are as follows - Singles John Miller 100 - Handicap Larry Hill 98 - Doubles Bob Schultz 98.

Top scores for Friday are as follows - Doubles Bob Goodman 97 - Four 99's at the top to be carried over to the singles - Jared Pettet won the caps with Tim Dean taking runner-up - Kenny Inman 3rd - Winky Mabe 4th and Freddy Redmon 5th.

Eight folks got punched today for their 96's and 95's - even 93's shotoff and I wound up shooting an extra round - can you believe it? Weather looks near picture perfect for Saturday and the wind played a bit with the birds today.

We were treated to some BBQ at the Old Hickory Club Friday evening. Q - slaw - hushpuppies - baked beans and a vat of that special Old Hickory BBQ slather/sauce. Very friendly folks at the club and really appreciate their efforts every year.

Ok - headed to bed and maybe I will get to feeling a bit better. Some kind of bug hit me and we hope it doesn't move into my chest. I call with a much more manly voice due to the congestion.

Have a great weekend and we will try to keep everybody posted. I am going right now to post the pictures I got today with the scores and other folks. Thanks for LQQKing....