Charlie Brown Shoot Scores 4/7/2013

Post shoot results!
smokem

Charlie Brown Shoot Scores 4/7/2013

Post by smokem »

Charlie Brown held a registered trap shoot Sunday April 7th and they had a great turnout. The weather was a perfect spring day in North Carolina. We would like to thank the Charlie Brown crew, hopefully we did Charlie proud in his absence (he's at the Southeastern Grand in San Antonio Texas) and a big "THANK YOU" to everyone that showed up and pitched in to help, it would not be possible to run a shoot without club members and non club members. Lunch was a big hit with Sue doing a great job preparing and getting it ready. Andy BBQ'ed a pulled pork along with sandwich fixing's, pasta salad made by Judy “AKA Lisa” and quite a few homemade baked goods from club members. We had a new Lady shooter join the ATA on Sunday, Ann Mary Lumley, we hope she had a good time.

Charlie Ackroyd led all shooters in the singles with a 99. When I asked what he did wrong on the one lost bird, Charlie replied “I must have picked my head up”, good shooting Charlie! AA was a tie between Jim Wilson and Dan Johnson to a carry over in handicap. Daniel Emory won caps with a 95 but not enough shooters with the new ATA rule for a punch. Dan beat Jim by one bird in the carry over in Handicap to decide AA in Singles. By the time doubles rolled around the wind had begun to pick up as you can tell by the scores. Dan Johnson won doubles with 87. Curt Baker and Winky Mabe were tied for B class and did shoot off with Curt coming out the winner 20 / 18. HOA went to Dan Johnson.

Singles – 19 Shooters

Singles Champ – Charlie Ackroyd - 99

AA – Dan Johnson – 98
A – Winky Mabe – 95
B – Glenn Alford – 94
C – Daniel Emory – 95
D – Bill Weis – 90

Lady – Ann Mary Lumley - 78
Jr. – Patric Mason – 90
Vet. – Harry King – 55
Sr. Vet – Edmund Aldrich – 90

Handicap – 14 Shooters

Handicap Champ – Daniel Emory – 95

Short – Tim Crabtree - 93
Mid – Charlie Ackroyd - 88
Inter. – Dan Johnson - 92
Long – Jim Wilson - NSR

Lady
Sr. Vet – Morris Carroll

Doubles – 6 Shooters

Doubles Champ – Dan Johnson – 87
B – Curt Baker – 86
D – Daniel Emory – 78

HOA – Dan Johnson 277 / 300

Again, thanks to all who attended and all that help to make our shoot a succes.

We hope to see you at our next shoot on Sunday, May 19th.

Maybe if your lucky cupcakes will show up were you least expect them before May 19th Jim and Dan!
Last edited by smokem on Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mydadsnameis

Junior shooter's name

Post by mydadsnameis »

The young man in the Singles JR name is Patric Mason.

cupcake

RE: Junior shooter

Post by cupcake »

I think I can speak for all the clubs who enter information into the computer using the carbon forms, sometimes the blue ATA cards just don't show up well when punched. We always try to have the correct information and do apologize for the oversight. If this has happened to anyone else, it is easily fixed, please go ahead and mention it, I'm sure they won't mind correcting it.

Thanks, Karole