Fort Bragg Scores for March 30, 2013

Post shoot results!
Rooster

Fort Bragg Scores for March 30, 2013

Post by Rooster »

A great crowd showed up for an Easter weekend shoot at Fort Bragg. We had a total of 37 shooters participate and this number included 10 youth shooters. A big thank you to Kim and Doug Mckinney for their work with the youth shooters at Durham County. It also included 2 new ATA members in Joe Steadman and Sean Conlon.
We also want to thank Cama Morningstar, Kathy Lumpkins, Jim Wilson, Tom Brown, Brad Barnett, George Brown, Mac Herring and Charlie Ackroyd for their help in putting on this shoot. Singles found George Brown and Mac Herring all even with 97's and George won the flip for high gun in singles. Tom Brown and Dan Johnson were all even with 95's in doubles and Dan( I don't flip) Johnson winning the shoot off 19/17. I saved handicap scores for last, because we had a young soldier stationed at Fort Bragg to earn a yard and half by hitting the Mid 50 and winning a total of $1262.50 for his 93 in caps. His name is Curtis Baker and he's originally from Ohio. He seems to be a fine young man and if you should see him at a shoot in your area, offer him congratulations on his feat. Running the mid 50 is not easy any time, but at this time of the year with the light conditions and wind makes it even harder. Congratulations to Curtis for a job well done.
Our mid 50 pot is down to $1170.50 and will be available at our next shoot on April 20,2013 :) I'll probably break out the ice cream freezer for our next shoot as well.
Now for the rest of the story.

Singles(32 Shooters)

High Gun - George Brown - 97 f/o Mac Herring

AA - James Meucci - 96
A - Mac Herring - 97
B - Glenn Alford - 94
C - Danny Lloyd - 90
D - Brian West - 91

Lady - Jan Bieswanger - 79
Jr - Hunter Bolan - 91
SJr - Levi Bolan - 93
SVet - Charles Ackroyd - 93

Handicap ( 26 Shooters)

High Gun - Curtis Baker - 93

Short - Daniel Bunce - 91
Mid - Glenn Alford - 90
Int - Mac Herring - 91
Long - Tom Brown - 86

Lady - Kim McKinney - 78
Jr - Hunter Bolan - 83
SJr - Levi Bolan - 83
Vet - George Ponton - 85
SVet - Charles Ackroyd - 88

Doubles ( 9 Shooters)

High Gun - Dan Johnson - 95 s/o 19/17 Tom Brown

AA - Tom Brown - 95
A - Doug McKinney - 92
B - Winky Mabe - 91
C - George Ponton - 74
D - Charles Ackroyd - 76

Lady - Kim McKinney - 74
Vet - Mac Herring - 91

HOA - Mac Herring - 97 - 91 - 91 - 279

Again, let me offer my thanks to all that attended and all that helped with this shoot.
We hope to see you at our next shoot on April 20th.

Take Care and Shoot Well,

Marty Hiill
Last edited by Rooster on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
straightaway

RE: Fort Bragg Scores for March 30, 2013

Post by straightaway »

Marty,

As much as I'd like to claim it, check the scores again. Mac was HOA by two.

Have a Great Day! Dan