Rockingham "New Years Open" January 5th, 2012

Post shoot results!
smokem

Rockingham "New Years Open" January 5th, 2012

Post by smokem »

Great weather prevailed at the first registered trapshoot of 2013 at the Rock. We didn’t have a big crowd but we had a great time and that is what matters. We would to thank everybody that attended and everybody that helped. Even Danny Lloyd drove all the way up from the coast to spread the lead.

Weather was great and it was 39 when I got to the club at 8:30. We set the targets with no wind and yes the wind came in about the time singles cranked up. There were very few times that the sun wasn’t filtered through banks of high clouds. I wore lined jeans and they came in handy sitting on the bench scoring.

Singles found Tommy Brown at the top of the leader board with a 98. Chris Shoulars broke the next highest score with a 96. Tommy and Chris broke the only 25’s of the day in 16’s. Lewis Wyatt and JC Nunn shot off for class with JC nipping old Lou by a bird.

Handicap found Chris Shoulars the winner with the lone 91. He started out a house of fire with a 48 and then it started slipping away. Tommy Brown and JC Nunn had 90’s with JC breaking his last 25 hard and the only 25 in the caps.

Doubles was shot on field two and the targets were great! Tommy Brown broke a 94 to win and I got a kick out of JC shooting beside Lewis. Lewis wound up with more empties than he loaded with JC launching hot brass wide right and right into Lewis’s empty shellbag.

HOA was secured by Tommy Brown with a 98+90+94 for a 282 target total. Tommy would have shot better caps if it hadn’t been for the cornbread, country ham and beef stew he ate for lunch.

Mark your calendar for February 2nd when the Rockingham Gun Club holds their next monthly registered shoot.