Fort Bragg Shoot November 10, 2012

Post shoot results!
Rooster

Fort Bragg Shoot November 10, 2012

Post by Rooster »

A super crowd showed up this morning to break some clay targets on a beautiful day in the Sandhills. Almost every corner of the state was represented here today. We had shooters from Boone in the west and Shallote in the east. Included was the Boone Cartel of Tom Shelley, Tom Pitts, Eli Waters, John Waters and Steve Watson. I'm sure it will take a while for Ft. Bragg to recover from Shelley's visit. Rockingham County was represented by Tom Brown, Lewis Wyatt, Freddy Redmon and JC Nunn. The coast was represented by Bob Mizner, Joe Kousy, Dough Daugherty and Wayne Averill. Bernie Warnowicz even made the trip down I-95 from Maryland to break out his K-80. We had two new shooters join the ATA in Jan Beiswanger and Bobby Beiswanger and a couple more to renew their memberships. As I said it was a super crowd and a beautiful day to shoot trap, and I might add not a bad day to enjoy a pre-Thanksgiving turkey dinner. I cooked 3 turkeys( without burning anything down) and must have fed about 50 people and didn't have any leftovers for poor little "Radar". We had 30 shooters participate and we would like to thank them very much for joining us. We would also like to especially thank Al Mazza, George Brown and Greg High for scoring and loading traps. We would also like to thank Kathie Lumpkins, Cama Morningstar, Steve Morningstar and Margaret Hill for helping with the preparation of the meal. Tom Brown lead all shooters in singles with a 99. Tom Pitts came down that steep grade from Boone to best all handicap shooters with a 93 and 3 shooters shy of a punch with the new rules. Lewis Wyatt led all the doubles shooters with a solid 93 under the lights. Now for the rest of the story.

Singles (29 Shooters)

Champ - Tom Brown -= 99

AA - George Brown - 97
A - Tom Shelley - 96
B - Eli Waters - 95
C - Joe Kousy - 91
D - Lewis Wyatt f/o Brian West - 91

SJr - Doug Daugherty - 66
Lady - Cama Morningstar - 79
Vet - Jack Young - 83
SVt - JC Nunn - 92

Handicap (22 Shooters)

Champ - Tom Pitts - 93

Short - Eli Waters f/0 Glenn Alford - 89
Mid - Lewis Wyatt - 85
Int - Tom Shelley - 90
Long - Tom Brown - 90

SJr - Doug Daugherty - 69
Vet - Greg High - 89
SVt - Glenn Alford - 89

Doubles ( 11 Shooters)

Champ - Lewis Wyatt - 93

AA - Tom Brown - 92
A - James Meucci - 58
B - John Waters - 88
C - Tom Pitts - 85
D - Steve Watson - 83

SVt - JC Nunn - 82

HOA - Tom Brown - (99 - 90 - 92) - 281

Again thanks to all that attended and all that helped to put on this shoot. Our next scheduled shoot is next March, but there is always the possibility of putting on a shoot before then if the weather looks nice and no one else is shooting. If that happens we will send out e-mails and post it on this site.

Take Care and Shoot Well,
Marty Hill

Mash on the link below for pix from the shoot. I uploaded them in reverse so we apologize and will do better nex time.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v299/ ... =slideshow