Watauga WingFling 2012 Scores

Post shoot results!
Spy100

Watauga WingFling 2012 Scores

Post by Spy100 »

Watauga “Wing Fling 2012” Scores
10/28/12

One more year bites the dust and our last shoot for 2012 is in the books. The weather was a little overcast with some sun breaking thru in the afternoon. And as always there was the wind. When there’s been nothing but talk about a perfect storm, there’s going to wind on the mountain. But now the storm Sandy was able to blow a couple of shooters up off the coast to the mountains. Greg High and Marty made the long haul up the mountain. So not bad day after all.

Let’s see a story, well Shelley wasn’t able to make all the fun due to the fact he was giving hay rides in the big city of Blowing Rock. But his squad moved on and replaced him with a ringer by the name of Morg. Rearranged posts and it was off to the field for a little shooting. In Shelley place on post two we had the new shooter “Mr 99” Steve Watson. We might need to change his name to Mr 93 now so I think he will move back to post 5. My only problem was I was getting to see all of the targets. They were really able to clear the lip of the house.

Now the new guy on the squad “Morg”, Morgan Shaw shot and took top honors in singles with a 99. Then in Handicap Greg High was able to put a 93 on the board in the face of some pretty stiff winds. Then in doubles, I think John had cranked up the grill and the smell move everybody’s attention to the food and not to the last round of doubles. And that was all I needed to slip in for champ with a 88. Thanks John!!

Scores:
Singles
Number of Shooters 18
Champion Morgan Shaw 99
AA Class Greg High 93
A Class John Waters 98
B Class Eli Waters 93
C Class Todd Miller 90
D Class William Hudson 93
Junior Andrew Miller 71
Vet Richard Drake 94
Sr Vet Bill Howe 96

Handicap
Number of Shooters 17
Champion Greg High 93
Long Bill Howe 85
Mid Morgan Shaw 89
Short Eli Waters 91

Doubles
Number of Shooters 10
Champion Tom Pitts 88
AA Class Greg High 80
B Class John Waters 83
C Class Lewis Wyatt 84
D Class Todd Miller 67

HOA
Morgan Shaw 270X300
Greg High 268X300

Once again this has been another great year in the mountains shooting trap. I want to thank everyone that found their way to the club this year and shot. We really enjoy having you all. Then I have to thank Sheila Watson for all the great meals she puts out for us to eat, and the kids that give up their Saturdays to come out and work and score so we can play. Thanks to ALL!!