22nd Annual North Carolina Hall Of Fame

Post shoot results!
smokem

22nd Annual North Carolina Hall Of Fame

Post by smokem »

Greetings from Forest City NC and what a beautiful day in the mountains of North Carolina. I arrived at the Homegrounds about 12:15 and conditions were great for the singles.

VA shooter Bob Goodman broke the lone 100 and was the winner of the event. There were several 98's and two 99's broken in "B" class including hotshot Steve Watson from Boone.

Handicap commenced and the wind picked up a bit but that didn't keep Tommy Brown and Steve Watson knotting up with 96's. A shootoff decided the winner and Steve broke a 25 for the win.

SC shooter Kenny Inman broke the lone 98 in the doubles and Ray Gaultney broke the only 50 but followed that with a 44.

The weatherman is messing things up a bit and hopefully all shooting can be done without getting drenched while on the line. Friday will be a full day with doubles, singles and caps and then the feed at the Old Hickory Gun Club.

JC Nunn won "C" Class with a solid 96 and then followed that up with a 91 in caps. Lewis Wyatt laid it on him in the dubs and Lewis wound up winning the SrVet dubs.

Sure feels good to be up here on a Thursday and I will commence to shooting in the morning. Lane Murray, Tom Shelley and Tom Pitts will arrive Friday and the Galloways will appear on Saturday. Come on up and join us if you can.....

I have posted the winner boards for Thursday and there is a link to 46 pictures and that includes all the scores from today.......

Mash on the link below for pictures from Thursday:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v299/ ... =slideshow
smokem

HOF Friday Info

Post by smokem »

Day 2 and all events were shot with no rain thanks goodness. The wind behaved all day and the scores reflected it.

Jimmy Wilson won the doubles, Gary Olson broke the lone 100 for the singles win and Larry Hill won the cpas with a 98 from the 20.5 yard line.

A storm brewed up after the caps was over and dumped a ton of rain on the club. The BBQ dinner went on as scheduled and it was tasty.

BBQ - Baked Beans - Slaw - Hush Puppies - Cookies and cold drinks - it was delicious and thanks to all for the effort.

Saturday is looking like 50% rain but to me that means 50% clear. I have posted 63 pictures and will have a link up to those for viewing.

Mash on the link below for pix from Friday:

smokem

Saturday Singles

Post by smokem »

Mash on the link below for pictures from shooting and the HOF banquet:

smokem

Sunday

Post by smokem »

Mash on the link below for pix from Sunday:

smokem

Daily Reports........

Post by smokem »

22nd Annual North Carolina Hall Of Fame - Sunday

Another great weather day for shooting at the NC Hall Of Fame Trapshoot. It was super foggy early in the morning and then here came the sun.
Bob Goodman broke his 1st 100 in doubles ever to win the event. Tommy Brown blistered 99 for the AA spot.

The high caps score of the day was broken by South Carolinian Ron Burdick and it was a 98. There were two 97's and three 95's.

HAA was won by Tommy Brown and not sure who won the open HAA.

Another well run shoot by the HOF and the NCTA and yes attendance was up! There will be much more to come in the smoke report.......

22nd Annual North Carolina Hall Of Fame - Saturday
108 shooters stepped to the line today for the HOF Singles Championship. I believe there were four 100's in the morning and five in the afternoon.
Darvin Cornett had the lone 200 of the day and it is good to see him back to shooitng his Kolar. Neil Alexander and Jimmy Wilson posted 199's with John Miller posting the lone 198. There were a slew of 197's in the mix.

The weather was overcast all day and some of the late squads shot in light rain for the 2nd 100. The wind was minimal at best and a great day to shoot for sure.

Joany Barnett and Bill Keever were inducted into the HOF and everybody had a great time with great food and fellowship.

Only two events to go and who will emerge the doubles, handicap and HAA champs for 2012? I have posted all 121 pictures from Saturday if you would like to take a look....

22nd Annual North Carolina Hall Of Fame - Friday
Day 2 and all events were shot with no rain thanks goodness. The wind behaved all day and the scores reflected it.
Jimmy Wilson won the doubles, Gary Olson broke the lone 100 for the singles win and Larry Hill won the cpas with a 98 from the 20.5 yard line.

A storm brewed up after the caps was over and dumped a ton of rain on the club. The BBQ dinner went on as scheduled and it was tasty.

BBQ - Baked Beans - Slaw - Hush Puppies - Cookies and cold drinks - it was delicious and thanks to all for the effort.

Saturday is looking like 50% rain but to me that means 50% clear. I have posted 63 pictures and will have a link up to those for viewing.

22nd Annual North Carolina Hall Of Fame - Thursday
Greetings from Forest City NC and what a beautiful day in the mountains of North Carolina. I arrived at the Homegrounds about 12:15 and conditions were great for the singles.
VA shooter Bob Goodman broke the lone 100 and was the winner of the event. There were several 98's and two 99's broken in "B" class including hotshot Steve Watson from Boone.

Handicap commenced and the wind picked up a bit but that didn't keep Tommy Brown and Steve Watson knotting up with 96's. A shootoff decided the winner and Steve broke a 25 for the win.

SC shooter Kenny Inman broke the lone 98 in the doubles and Ray Gaultney broke the only 50 but followed that with a 44.

The weatherman is messing things up a bit and hopefully all shooting can be done without getting drenched while on the line. Friday will be a full day with doubles, singles and caps and then the feed at the Old Hickory Gun Club.

JC Nunn won "C" Class with a solid 96 and then followed that up with a 91 in caps. Lewis Wyatt laid it on him in the dubs and Lewis wound up winning the SrVet dubs.

Sure feels good to be up here on a Thursday and I will commence to shooting in the morning. Lane Murray, Tom Shelley and Tom Pitts will arrive Friday and the Galloways will appear on Saturday. Come on up and join us if you can.....

I have posted the winner boards for Thursday and there is a link to 46 pictures and that includes all the scores from today.......