CSL Shoot 9-8-12

Post shoot results!
mac

CSL Shoot 9-8-12

Post by mac »

Singles…14 shooters
Coharie shoot report 9-8-12

GREG HIGH BREAKS 100 STRAIGHT IN DOUBLES !!!

What a great day for shooting. We enjoyed great fellowship, good food from my wife, and super scores. We had 1 new Sub jr shooter and 2 relatively new youth shooters. This makes 3 new youth shooters from our club in the past few months.

There was a virtual assault on the handicap mid-50 money. 5 shooters ran the second 25 but all fell down in the third 25. In the third round Michael Graham missed the 4th bird, George Brown missed the 5th bird, Mac Herring the 8th, Greg High the 19th and Al Williams hung in the longest until the 23th bird. Greg ended up winning the daily mid 50 and Dane Westbrook was only one bird behind him. Mac, Greg and Al were on the same squad and were pulling for one another? Great shooting, guys.

And after his handicap performance, Greg High was not through. He proceeded to break 100 STRAIGHT AT DOUBLES and take high over all with an impressive 293 x 300. This is the first 100 in doubles at CSL and he smoked every bird except one chip on the first bird at #94.

Champ Mac Herring 99
AA Greg High 98
A Al Williams 96
B Michael Graham 90
C Jerry Kinlaw 95
D Al Mazza 91
Jr Cullen Hobbs 89 registering only his third 100
Sub Jr Dane Westbrook 95 This is only his fifth 100
Vet George Brown 94
Sr Vet Joe Kusy 90

Handicap…15 shooters so no yardage earned under the new rules. I had to email Terry Roush for the new rules since the ATA has not seen fit to notify clubs of rule changes yet.

Champ Greg High 26 yd 95
Short Michael Graham 20½ yd 94
Mid Marty Hill 24 yd 92
Long Mac Herring 27 yd 92
Jr Cullen Hobbs 20 yd 68
Sub Jr Dane Westbrook 19 yd 91
Vet George Brown 22 yd 89
Sr Vet Al Mazza 20½ yd 85

Doubles…6 shooters

Champ Greg High 100
A Mac Herring 90
B Al Williams 94
C Michael Graham 73
Sub Jr Dane Westbrook 76 He was impressive in the first doubles he has ever shot
Vet Wayne Averill 68

HIGH OVER ALL… NONE OTHER THAN MR GREG HIGH HIMSELF….293 x 300

Mac and Al would really like to thank all the shooters who helped score, load and clean up. I will not mention names for fear of forgetting someone but I think everyone present helped.

Our next shoot and last for this year is October 13. Hope you will attend. My wife’s food is almost reason to attend even if you do not shoot.

At our August shoot Dane Westbrook broke his first 25 straight and extended that streak to 50 straight. He had no hat at that shoot so the CSL members initiated his hat at todays shoot. I have included pictures of Dane and Mr Perfect Greg High.

Mac Herring

CSL Crew Baptize Dane Westbrook's hat for his first 25 and 50 straight on his way to a 95 in singles.

Dane Westbrook with Mac Herring and his poor hat!

Greg High broke the first registered 100 straight shot at CSL...