Rockingham Lewis Class Shoot Info For August 18th,2012

Post shoot results!
smokem

Rockingham Lewis Class Shoot Info For August 18th,2012

Post by smokem »

The weatherman painted a gloomy picture for Saturday but it turned out to be a great day for shooting at the Rock.

15 shooters showed up for the monthly Lewis Class shoot and eveybody that attended had a great time. We started on time at 10AM and I fired the first shot on squad 1.

We had some sun but mostly overcast skies darkened the Orange Dome White Flyer's most all day. We had some wind but it was minimal at best.

Singles produced a few early leaders with Charley Rinehart and Ronnie Manual posting 48's. Lewis Wyatt posted a 46 and his elder SrVet nemesis JC Nunn posted a 45. Little did they know that 45 would come back to haunt the singles leaders.

When the caps started the sun went away and didn't really show back up until squad 3 and 4 started shooting. Dan Johnson rode up to the Rock Saturday and he got to watch JC Nunn put it on the field.

I shot with JC in the singles and he smoked the 1st Bluebird of the day. He hunkered down in the caps and broke 24/23 for a 47 and the top handicap score of the day. There were only five people that broke 40 or above and the next highest score was me with a 44. I did spot JC 2 yards and he spotted me 32 years!

JC's 92 was the high score of the day with Ronnie Manuel and myself with 88's. Long yarder Charley Rinehart had an 87 which was good shooting. Matt O'Bryant and JC broke Bluebirds and Charley Rinehart had the long run in the caps with a 25.

Thanks to Lane Murray for all the effort running the event and thanks to all that attended and helped out. Thanks to Scott Shoulars for the great hotdogs and to JT Brewer for getting the club looking so nice.

Our next shooting event at the Rock is September 15th - registered "Red Dot Powder Shoot". September 22nd is our next Lewis Class event at 10AM. I will try to get some pictures posted but currently having issues with the photobucket account.

Mash on the link below for more pictures:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v299/ ... =slideshow