Event II - 100 Handicap Targets
Target Fee…………..$24.00
Options:
Lewis Purse……......…$5.00
Mid - Fifty……......….$ 5.00
Daily Fifty…….......…..$5.00
Trophies
Champ, Long, Int, Mid, Short

Event III 50 Pair Doubles Targets (100 targets)
Target Fee…………..$24.00
Options:
Lewis Purse…….……$5.00
Trophies
Champ, AA, A, B, C, D

Event IV - HOA
Total of Events I, II & III

Directions can be found at: http://www.rockinghamcountygunclub.com/ ... s-map.html
Last edited by smokem on Fri May 20, 2011 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
smokem

2010 Joe Nimer Winners

Post by smokem »

Shooters descended on the Rockingham Gun Club Saturday May 22nd 2010 to participate in the Joe Nimer Memorial Trapshoot. The weather was dark and grey and it was only a matter of time before the rain descended on the gun club.

We opted to run four fields and ran two banks to expedite the singles event. With 5 squads it went about as fast as could be expected except for a few that couldn’t figure out what the bank system was.

The 99’s that were broken were all broken on traps 3 and 4 and come to find out that trap four had a wild hard left hand bird that was a smoker. John Woolsey broke a solid 49 on my field and went to trap 4. He had a comb come loose and asked me if I had a wrench to tighten his comb. He hung in there and broke his last 50 to tie Tom Brown and VA shooter Ted Carwile.

Singles came down to a shootoff with Ted Carwile winning the singles with a solid 25 in the shootoff against Brown and Woolsey.

Handicap – Glen Brewer rejoined the ATA to participate in the Nimer and managed to get a win and a punch to the 24. You got to hand it to him he is the master of the light load. Hopefully he will participate more often if possible. He has been working with Doc Gonzalez who won his yardage with a 93 and Ronnie Manuel broke a solid 98 in the singles.

Doubles – Tommy Brown and Jeff Galloway were in a horse race and Tommy out birded Jeff by 1 target for the win. Tommy and Jeff wound up shooting off for the HOA and the Nimer trophy. I don’t know anything about the shootoff other than Tommy won the extra rounds.

Singles – 24 shooters
99 – Champ – Ted Carwile (25) Tommy Brown (24) John Woolsey (23)
99 – AA – Tommy Brown
98 – A – Ronnie Manuel split pot with Glenn Brewer
99 – B – John Woolsey
96 – C – Lewis Wyatt
88 – D – John Kerns
89 – Lady – Connie Bell
69 – SubJr – Logan Hite
93 – Vet – Roger Shaffer
90 – SrVet – JC Nunn

Handicap – 24 shooters
94 – HiGun – Glenn Brewer ½ yard punch to 24
87 – Long – Jeff Galloway
80 – Intermediate – Marty Hill
91 – Mid – Lane Murray
93 – Short – Luis Gonzalez
74 – Lady – Connie Bell
71 – SubJr – Logan Hite
87 – Vet – Phil Berkowitz
87 – SrVet – JC Nunn

Doubles – 12 shooters
97 – TopGun – Tommy Brown
96 – A – Jeff Galloway
83 – C – Lewis Wyatt
79 – D – Steven Wyatt
89 – Vet – Ted Carwile
73 – SrVet – JC Nunn

HOA – Tommy Brown – 99+83+97 = 279x300

One thing I forgot to mention is that the rain held off until about noon. At that time there were two maybe 3 handicap squads on the line. Some folks got super wet shooting and some were shooting in the driving rain.
The Rockingham Gun Club would like to say thanks to everybody that came out to shoot and we were very happy to see the Bell’s and SubJr shooter Logan Hite. We also noticed that John Kerns is new to the Rock and we appreciate Marty Hill bringing him to the shoot.
The Rockingham Gun Club would like to thank the folks that helped score, load and cook lunch. We couldn’t do it without you and if you would like to help in the future please let Tom Cox know. Thanks to Marty Hill for helping out loading traps it was much appreciated.
Mark your calendars for our upcoming Lewis Class shoot June 12th and our registered event the 19th.

Picture slideshow:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v299/ ... =slideshow