October 12th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

October 12th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Another Monday morning and I hope it starts out great! Rainy Saturday and a gorgeous day Sunday with a little bit of shooting in North Carolina. Some shoots were cancelled and others just shot in the rain. I have reports from LCP, Coharie, South Carolina HOF, Watauga and the Rock.

@2:39 Monday afternoon - just got the news that Worth Miller has passed due to complications from his fall prior to the NCHOF. Morgan Shaw has been great to keep me up to date and when I sat down to write Sunday night I thought all was well. Arrangements have not been made and I will keep you posted........

Many of you are aware of all the flooding that occurred in South Carolina. LCP is under water and I have the info that was published by Pat Childers. Low Country Shooting Preserve experienced severe flooding and damage to equipment and materials. Water in the clubhouse basement was over two feet deep! The Trap house was nearly completely submerged! At present the Sporting Clays course and one rifle range are operational. You need to call or text Bill Martin(843-877-1833) or Todd Dawkins(910-540-9273) before heading out to the club so they can meet you at the entrance gate to the club and transport you to the field. Flooding on the road to the Sporting Clays is too high for a car to safely traverse. The water is receding so you should be able to travel on the road in a few more days. A temporary clubhouse has been set up near the Sporting Clays field because there is still over 4 feet of water covering the road to the clubhouse. More info will be available and Pat will keep us informed as time goes by.

Also from South Carolina the Pigg brothers Donnie and Dickie were inducted into the South Carolina Hall Of Fame. These guys have been part of the backbone of South Carolina Trapshooting and both gentleman are fine fellows. I have to get some pictures together and hope to publish them this week. The shoot was held at the Spartanburg Gun CLub and it rained Saturday and was beautiful Sunday. Now word on who won what and I might be able to get that information.

I got an email for Mac Herring and it looks like they called the shoot due to rain. Here is the note he sent me from CSL. Our shoot at Coharie was cancelled today due to rain. A couple of attendees shot practice rounds and one of our members, Al Merlin, broke his first 25 straight. Needless to say, we did shoot his hat.

Rockingham shot Saturday and Sunday with Winky Mabe winning all events and the HOA. Sunday the BIG50 found Lane Murray the top lewis, Lewis Wyatt and Bill Norman the mid Lewis and Romeo won the last lewis. Weather was tough Saturday and Sunday the weather was great.

Two shoots this weekend with Buckhorn shooting Saturday and Sunday and Gastonia shooting Saturday. I should have the shoot program sometime today and will post as soon as possible.

Ok, that is about it and I just found out I have been dispatched to a dead body investigation in the McLeansville area. Going to be a long night for me and with that hello to Hap, Scott, Lou and Chase and until next week.................................Smokem.