August 3rd Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

August 3rd Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Great weather weekend for shooting in North Carolina. Lots of folks are getting ready to attend the Grand but there is a lot of shooting here in North Carolina. Coharie and Rockingham hosted typical 300 target programs with DCWC shooting a handicap marathon on Saturday with Rockingham holding their BIG50 Sunday.

Buckhorn will shoot two days on the 8th and 9th. I would imagine Jimmy will be emailing the program and I will get it up on this site as soon as it is published. The last shoot of the month in NC will be in Watauga on the 22nd.

Coharie had a good shoot Saturday with Danny Lloyd, Brian West and George Brown tying in singles with a 95, Brandon Matthews broke a 98 for a yard punch and Al Williams outflipped Brandon for the doubles honors with a 92. Brandon did however win the HOA with a solid 280x300. CSL shoots next on September 12th.....Mac says come on down!

Rockingham shot Saturday with Tommy Brown winning the singles with a 95, Caps with a 90 and Chase Walker won the doubles with a 89 and the HOA with a 270. We had some new faces show up today and thanks for coming out to the Rock. Rockingham will hold a BIG50 on September the 12th during the club picnic.

Rockingham held their BIG50 Sunday with 14 in attendance......Irvin Earles broke a 97 to take top Lewis with Clemson bound Zax Tate winning the mid-lewis and Lewis Wyatt taking the low-lewis with all winning $37..... Ronnie Manuel is back to shooting after almost a year of recovery from his neck surgery. He shot well considering and broke in the low 40's from the 24 yard line.......Welcome back!

Hunter Galloway arrived in Sparta today and he said the weather was nice. From what I am seeing on the weather sites it looks like the weather will be great for the Grand. Hunter said that attendance for the AIM event today was up 33% and that is great news. Hopefully the entire Grand will be up for 2015.

Ok.....that is about it for now and I hope everybody has a great week. Hello to Hap.....Scott......and Lou and until next week...........................................Smokem