May 4th Shoot Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

May 4th Shoot Report

Post by smokem »

NOTE: For Georgia State Shoot Info - Go To Out-Of-State Shoot Info - Thanks to Danny Lloyd for the info!

Good morning and if you were at the beach this week it would be sunny, dry and hot. Had a chance for a little R&R at the Beach and glad to be back in the Boro. Rockingham, Charlie Brown and the Georgia State Shoot is in the history books. LCP shoots their BIG50 Wednesday and Buckhorn has a two day shoot this weekend.

Rockingham hosted their first shoot of the new year and it looks like Steve Morgan won the singles and Jim Roland won the handicap. Rockingham shoots their next shoot on Saturday the 23rd and it will be a BIG50.

Charlie Brown had a great turnout and it looks like Brad Barnett won the singles, handicap and the HOA and that left the doubles for Jimmy Wilson and he nipped Dan Johnson by one bird! Dan tied Jimmy in the singles and won the long yardage........Thanks to cupcake for posting the scores!

Georgia State Shoot is done and I got pix and scores from Danny Lloyd. Noah Gouge won a couple of A Class Doubles awards and broke a 197 in the singles Saturday. Morg Shaw was trying to keep me informed and thanks Morg. Danny Lloyd won Vet in the John Hiter handicap on a day that only 11 shooters broke 90 and above amongst 161 entries. Hopefully Mike Bolling will get the scores posted and I will post the link!

LCP shoots their BIG50 Wednesday and Buckhorn hosts a two day event and I expect the program will be available real soon!

The 100th Annual South Carolina State Shoot cranks up the 13th of May and runs through the 17th. I will have to admit it will be a lonely ride headed to Spartanburg without the old tail gunner. Normally that was the first shoot we hit to crank up the travel schedule each year! I expect to see a few new faces at the shoot that haven't attended in the last few years. If you make it look for three tents up on the hill behind trap 1.......NC will be in the house! Make a note on your checklist.......bring your own chair!

Steve Watson took a moment to drop by Sparta to take a picture of the grounds and the new Hall Of Fame building......Thanks Steve!

HOF Building

Grand Grounds

Ok.....that is about it and have a great week everybody! Hello to Hap, Scott and expect to see you at the 101st NC State Trapshoot Lou........Until then.........................commence to Smokem........