March 30th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

March 30th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Another beautiful weather weekend in North Carolina. A little breezy on Saturday and it turned out great late Sunday afternoon. Three shoots last week including a BIG50 and regular shoot at LCP and Ft. Bragg shot Saturday. One shoot this weekend the 4th of April at the Charlie Brown Gun Club.

Low Country Preserve shot their BIG50 Wednesday and the top gun was Rich Long with a 46. Pat Childers and Mike Petrone had 43's with Harold Smith a 38 and Rich's guest Dominic with a 29. Hopefully I will get a shoot report from the registered shoot that took place on the 28th. LCP shoots their next BIG50 on April 1st.

Ft. Bragg shot Saturday and Marty will probably get the shoot report up sometime today. Charlie Brown will shoot Saturday the 4th of April and I would imagine a program will be posted sometime today. Charlie Brown has a great gun club and they put on a great shoot and have great crew running the event.

The Florida State Shoot is in the books and it was the Trey and Clay show.... Harlan had Trey Wilburn and Clay Floyd nipping at his heels all week. The HOA found Harlan with 1070 - Clay with 1067 and Trey with a 1066.....That is some great shootings fellows and last but not least Kay Ohye had a 1058 with his daughter Deborah with a 1056.

In state Kay Ohye won the singles with a 199, William Osceola won the doubles with a 96, Gary Travers won the handicap with a 95. In state HAA was won by Kay Ohye with a 384 and HAA with a 1284. Non-Resident winners were singles Ray Stafford (CO) 198, doubles Tosh Dillon (TN) 98, handicap Harlan Campbell (KS) 96. In state HAA was won by Deborah Neilson 387 and HOA Harlan Campbell 1260.

Attendance was great overall except for Friday with the only decrease in shooters over the entire week. The championship weekend found singles up 102, dubs up 22 and caps up 29. 9 NC shooters attended the Florida State shoot and I even noticed Lou Carters name on the board a few times. I called Thomas Freeman Saturday and he said he had been shooting with old Don Kaufman - how about that?

The Watauga crew woke up to three inches of snow Saturday morning. Looks like folks got out and practiced Sunday and even George came out for a little lead spreading. Pitts and Shelley were a no-show and it looks like Pitts has purchased some water craft device that is paddle propelled. Tom Shelley advises me that the big trout derby is next weekend and that he killed Pitts in the Nascar pool at Martinsville. Shelley predicts a great showing from the Watauga Cartel at the Spring Shoot at the Homegrounds and that Pitts has no chance of beating him. Looks like John Waters is in the shooting mood and will be making it down to Spartanburg for their monthly shoot the 4th.

Looks like the ATA and E-Z-Go have a drawing going on for a nine thousand dollar golf cart. All proceeds got to the ATA Gun Club Fund that helps aid deserving gun clubs around the country. The donation for each ticket is $20 and I have included the link to the information. http://www.ezgo.com/Portals/8/EZGO/PDFs ... 297-G5.pdf

I noticed on Facebook that they are doing a drawing for Leo Harrison's last Beretta DT11 with an estimated value of almost ten thousand dollars. I believe they will do the drawing at the Missouri Fall Handicap October 3rd 2015. All proceeds will go to youth shooting programs and the ATA HOF. Second prize is $500 and the tickets are $20 each. You can contact Ms. Harrison at karlaannharrison@hotmail.com or call 573-985-8237. You do not have to be present to win and this would be a great way to own and shoot a little bit of trapshooting history.

Ok.....that is about it for now. Have a great week and I hope you have a safe Easter Holiday weekend with friends and family. Hello to Hap, Scott and Lou and until next week.......................................Smokem