November 24th Smoke Report

Weekly Trapshooting Info
smokem

November 24th Smoke Report

Post by smokem »

Thanksgiving week is here again can you believe it? Folks are preparing to travel to visit relatives and others are going to throw the feedbag on at the homestead. What ever you wind up doing please travel safe and chew your food thoroughly..... Three shoots in NC last week including a BIG50 at Ft. Bragg and their Turkey shoot on Saturday with Low Country Preserve holding their 1st ever registered shoot.

I have not been doing a good job getting scores posted from Buckhorn. I did get the scores from the Toys For Tots shoot last weekend. Will Price won the singles with a 99 and David Miller won the caps, doubles and HOA. From the pictures I viewed on Facebook it looks like their will be some happy children on Christmas morning. More toys will be purchased with money collected and I hope to get a final picture of all the goodies.

Ft. Bragg hosted their BIG50 shoot Friday the 21st and Jerry Kinlaw won the singles, Cama Morningstar won the caps and Charlie Ackroyd won the doubles. Ft. Bragg hosted their annual Fried Turkey Shoot Saturday and the weather was good. Glenn Alford won the singles, George Brown won the caps and Bill Howe won the doubles and the HOA. Marty had a lot of help and really appreciates everyone that attended and to all those that helped. Ft. Bragg has "9" registered shoots listed for 2015 and that doesn't include the BIG50 events.

Dave Daily shot at the first registered shoot at LCP Saturday and 13 shooters showed up for the event. No details on the winners and I should have that info sometime today. Pat Childress does a great job publishing a newsletter that he sends to all of the folks that shoot in that area. Hopefully I can get him setup to post the scores right here on Tarheeltrap.com.

Next registered shoot in NC is December 7th and the Rock hosts their last Lewis Class shoot on the 21st at 2PM. The 2015 shoot schedule is posted on NCTRAP.com and it is a partial list that includes Ft. Bragg, Coharie, Gastonia, Watauga and the NC Homegrounds. A whole lot of shooting will be going on in 2015 in NC for sure.

Not sure if you have checked out the weather for the middle of the week. Some weather folks are predicting the chance of snow for the holiday. I will believe it when I see it and that is all I am saying.

Danny Lloyd called me Sunday night and was trying to wrap his mind around the shoot at Bragg Saturday. He shot at his home club the Bay River Trap Club earlier in the week and shot Lawry's looking into the sun and was mashing them. Saturday he did everything he could to break those targets and it was a struggle. Danny has retired and sold his business and has a little more time on his hands along with taking care of his dad.

Have a great Thanksgiving everybody and hello to Hap out West, Scott up North and Lou Down South and until next week.............................Smokem