Rockingham Gun Club Lewis Class Shoot 10/19/2014

Post shoot results!
smokem

Rockingham Gun Club Lewis Class Shoot 10/19/2014

Post by smokem »

Anthony Columna Post 5

Beautiful weekend to shoot and Sunday was the best day of the two for sure. Thanks to all that showed up to shoot and to those who helped. We had a few new faces and that is what this non-registered format is all about.

Singles cranked up and when the smoke cleared Lane Murray broke all 50 with Tom Brown and Scott Shoulars close behind with 46's. That setup the horserace for the handicap and who would hold it together for the last 50 birds.

I shot with Lane and his first 25 was not purdy. After running 50 hard and dropping 7 handicap birds he had to figure out a plan for the last 25. He took his sweater off for the second 25 and commenced to pounding. He managed to drop 5 on the second trap but him breaking the 100th bird sealed the deal for the top spot. His 88 was just one bird better that Scott Shoulars with his 87. Scott and Christopher worked on getting Scott's BT99 setup Saturday and it sure paid off on Sunday.

I had the high score in the caps with a 43 and Dean, Roger, Jeff and Scott all had 41's. At times there was absolutely no wind blowing in the handicap event. The fall foliage and the angle of the sun made that bird disappear at times.

Lane took the top Lewis with his 88, Tommy Brown and Doc Gonzales hit the second Lewis with 84's and Ray "Ljutic" Shisler took the low Leiws with his 78.

Two employees of Honda Jet joined us for the event and we were glad to have them. Kohan Chang and Anthony Columna shot with us for the first time and we hope that they will join us for the November event. They stated that Honda has a group that embrace the shooting sports and we hope to get some more of their co-workers out to the Rock.

Lewis Class Winners - Lane Murray - Doc Gonzales -Tommy Brown - Ray Shisler

Lewis Class Scoring Info

Mash on the link below for more pictures from the Rock:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/smokem/ ... 014?sort=2

Video Of Kohan & Anthony Shooting Handicap
http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v29 ... si0v9i.mp4